• Profile picture of Justin

Favorite Gin

Public Group active 1 day, 13 hours ago ago

Discussing the Gin we love

What is your Favorite Gin? (11 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Profile picture of Justin Justin said 2 years, 8 months ago ago:

Tell us what gins you enjoy and why!

• Profile picture of Edward Miccinati Edward Miccinati said 2 years, 8 months ago ago:

For 25 years my go to gin has been Bombay white. But your site has introduced me to so many great gins that I am now over whelmed. I really like the Millers gins and they are available widely. You should review Old Raj, very expensive…but you will like.
    I am originally from the finger lakes district of NYS. My go to sipping gin is made by Finger Lakes Distilling LLC. on Seneca lake. It is called Seneca Drums Gin. If you can get it, I think you will like it very much. It is not widely distributed out side of NYS and I have my nephew send me bottles monthly.

• Profile picture of Justin Justin said 2 years, 8 months ago ago:

Ed,

Your post is a breath of fresh air, and making recommendations to us is a great way to share knowledge and experiences.

I encourage the ginreviews.com community to reach out to us and share gins that they feel need attention on our site.

We happen to have a bottle of Seneca Drums Gin, which was sent to us by the Distillery, and looking forward to sharing our thoughts with you

Keep up the good work

Justin C Kline

• Profile picture of Mitch Mitch said 2 years, 4 months ago ago:

just saw a bottle of the Seneca at Premiere Liquor in Buffalo, may pick one up. had my first Broker’s G&T, heavenly.

• Profile picture of sws sws said 2 years, 1 month ago ago:

So far my three favorite Gins are in order:
    Tanqueray
    Brokers
    Bombay White

They mix well with vermouth.
    The first two there something about being distilled
    four times. Smooth.
    I like martinis but, I cant drink more than two.

• Profile picture of Mike Mike said 1 year, 11 months ago ago:

Right now I prefer Tanqueray. It has a great, smooth texture, it doesn’t burn my nose or throat, and it never gives me a headache. Also because it’s so easy to drink straight, I can reduce the number of calories I consume by avoiding tonic water etc.

• Profile picture of Kim Kim said 1 year, 6 months ago ago:

Nothing quite blew me away like gin Mare.
    A gin that I recommend to everybody. Simply spectacular!!

• Profile picture of derrick derrick said 1 year, 1 month ago ago:

I’m torn . . . I started out liking “smooth” gins in a classic martini.

You can’t go wrong with Plymouth, Hendricks, Barr Hill, Bombay Sapphire those are all awesome.

But now, I realize that I really like London Style gin with my martinis the best. So, I love:
    Boodles
    Bombay
    Beefeater
    Among the American Craft producers, I think St. George (Terrior) and Greylock from Berkshires Mountain Distilleries are my favorites.

• Profile picture of Andrew Andrew said 1 year ago ago:

I’ve been blown away by the Botanist. Since finding this site I’ve added a few that I need to try, but nothing has come close so far. Surprising, because I’m actually not a fan of their whisky, but The Botanist is a great experience every single time.

Love the site. This is a great resource.

• Profile picture of Ben Ben said 7 months, 3 weeks ago ago:

As my username suggests, I’ve recently discovered gin. My rankings follow as I’ve tried several brands trying to find the right balance of price and quality. I’ve recently discovered that a nearby store carries Plymouth so I’ll be trying that soon…I’ll let you know how it changes my rankings.

1)Beefeater-it’s by far the best that I’ve tried
    2)Hendrick’s-although I’ve discovered I prefer a more traditional gin
    2)Gordon’s
    3)Cardinal Gin-an American Gin by Southern Artisan Spirits in NC
    4)Bombay Sapphire
    5)Seagrams
    6)New Amsterdam-Awful, just awful

Looking forward to trying the Plymouth. Hope it lives up to the hype.

• Profile picture of Ben Ben said 7 months, 1 week ago ago:

Last trip to the store I picked up a bottle of Plymouth as well as a bottle of Broker’s. That changes my ranking thusly…
    1)Beefeaters-still my favorite
    2)Broker’s-Almost as good as the Beefeaters and a little cheaper
    3)Plymouth-A little too “intense” if that’s the right word? also the most expensive I’ve tried
    4)Hendrick’s-Can enjoy this one with the person I live with to whom I’m related to by marriage
    5)Gordon’s-This is the one I keep out for everyday. The more expensive stuff goes under the bar. I like this stuff!
    6)Cardinal Gin-The most “nontraditional gin” on the list
    7)Bombay Sapphire
    8)Seagrams-The same price as the Gordon’s, but not nearly as good.
    9)New Amsterdam
    I want to try Tanqueray next. I’m ending up with quite the collection.